Want to ensure that visitors will exit your website almost immediately after landing there? Be sure to make it difficult for them to find what it is they are looking for. Want to get people to stay on your website longer and click on or buy stuff? Follow these 13 Web design tips.
1. Have a polished, professional logo–and link it to your home page.
2. Use intuitive navigation.
3. Get rid of clutter.
4. Give visitors breathing room.
5. Use color strategically.
6. Invest in good, professional photography.
7. Choose fonts that are easy to read across devices and browsers.
8. Design every page as a landing page.
9. Respect the fold.
10. Use responsive design–that automatically adapts to how the site is being viewed.
11. Forget Flash.
12. Don’t forget about buttons
13. Test your design.